Friday, May 25, 2007



May 25,2007

The derby is over. No big trout for me. But I was not alone. Chabot did not stock very many whoppers,
they only put 500 lbs. in. These included many 20+ size fish. It does not take a math major to see that there were not many planted. I managed to to get a tiny 2.5lb fish.
Although if crappies counted I would have won the derby. I got a4lber bigger than the trout. All caught with a medium rebel floater behind my latest secret lure, a dingleberry jig.

I gave up on the derby and went to Shadow Cliff to catch a thunder trout. The above picture is of a tunder trout Caught in the first 10 minutes. Than nothing else for two hours.

The South Bay is getting too warm for trout . It is catfish time. So Hellyer and Vasona will be the best places to fish if and when they are planted.

For trout it is only Los Vaqueros. I took my dingleberry set up there yesterday and tried it out. Great success, caught 10 trout from 2to 5 lbs.,and a 5lb. salmon! The biggest fish were caught on the jig flies. Go to cabelas before I buy them all.

Gone catfishing.

No comments: